Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Basketball

I am a little nervous today! Tomorrow evening my son will be playing in what could be his last high school basketball game. This will be the third game of the playoffs. Saint Jo has never progressed this far in the history of the school. The whole town is so excited. The police department, fire department and fans, sent them off from the square last Friday evening with sirens screaming, fan's cheering and lots of signs waving! However, I wasn't there. I forgot about it completely. I remember hearing the sirens and thinking, I sure hope they can put that fire out! I am so happy to have the opportunity to be present at the send-off tomorrow afternoon. I have prayed for the season not to end. My friend (whom I love dearly) told me that God doesn't care about us winning a basketball game. He has more important things to think about. I respectfully disagree! Not that He doesn't have more pressing matters to attend to, but that He cares about basketball and little things, because He cares for me! I read in Psalm 56:7-9 "You number my wanderings; Put my tears into Your bottle; Are they not in Your book?" and in Matthew 10:30 He says, "But the very hairs of your head are all numbered."
Finally, in 1 Peter 5:7
"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. And besides, I really just prayed for the boys to play to the very best of their ability and to play with good sportsmanship and above all - that God would be glorified through their attitudes and use of their God-given abilities and skills. I choose to believe that He does care about the little things that are important to us. I love that He knows how many hairs I have on my head and that all that I do is written in His book (some of which I am sure I will be ashamed of when I stand before Him one day. Thank goodness for the gift of salvation and Christ's completed work on the cross) and that He has a bottle for my tears. I am so grateful that He instructs me to give Him my cares, the things I worry about, the things I am excited about, etc. . . Isn't God so amazing? I will post the results of tomorrows game - believing that no matter what the outcome, God cared about it.
Can you believe it is Tuesday already? Have a warm, cozy Tuesday....it's suppose to warm up today here in North Texas! Ye Haw!

1 comment:

jill jill bo bill said...

I can so see you thinking "I wonder who's house is on fire?" heh heh. Good luck to the boys and let me know how they do! Where are they playing?

BTW, He does care about the little things.

Avery

Avery