Monday, March 16, 2009

Well, here it is Monday, and it has been a week or so since I last posted. I am not doing very well at keeping up with this "journal" idea I had. Story of my life! I just saw on the news, (hadn't watched much of that either) that our government can do absolutely NOTHING about the gazillions of bailout dollars that the American taxpayers are paying to the AIG execs who think they should still get their bonuses! Can you believe it? We bailed them out of their own big stinking mess and now they want us to give them their bonuses. On top of that Barney Rubble, I mean Frank, is "looking into it" but is saying basically that the government's hands are tied and legally there is probably nothing they can do. Timothy Geitner our esteemed Treasury Secretary, who amazingly forgot to pay his taxes for I don't know how long, can't do anything either. How about you Barak? Can you do anything? Why can't we just take the money back and let the chips fall where they will????? I am so mad right now. There you have it! We can send a man to the stinking moon, but can't stop AIG from giving OUR money to those who are probably the most responsible for our current situation. Incredible! More on this later....Avery is calling!

1 comment:

jill jill bo bill said...

I agree. I want a bonus. And don't want to pay taxes either.

Did you get Kaydi Jo's invitation yet?

Avery

Avery